Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm a Sucker

Have any of you guys seen the Infomercial on TV for "Smooth Away"? Well, I have seen it a billion times and I always wondered if it worked! I have only purchased one thing off an infomercial in the past and it was a work out series to which I like! I don't really like ordering stuff off the Internet/ TV for fear of scams, so I try to avoid them at all costs! Last week Rene' and I were in Target and they had the whole end of an aisle for "As Seen on TV" products and they had the "SA" so I just thought I would try it! I had told Amanda a few weeks ago that I wanted to test it out and she said that she had a friend who had it and that it worked! Me being the sucker that I am, I bought it~ who doesn't like smooth legs in the summer? I personally have a few to many scars from shaving and could use something new in the routine. Not that I wear shorts all that often, but I live for dresses in the summer and I need my legs to look presentable!

Let me tell you first hand, that it does NOT work that well! I literally was rubbing my leg for like an hour and I still had little prickles. Plus it took one of the "polishing" pads for one leg and they only give you 5. After doing one leg it was all ashy and my arm was sore, so I didn't bother to do the other. Wanting to give it a full chance, I moved on and tried the small facial pad on my upper lip. This area has never been an issue for me, but just wanted to see how it worked. Lets' just say that it made my lip numb for a few hours and the results are good! All in all, I would not recommend this product to anyone. When I shaved my legs the following day I still had to shave both legs and they were way smoother from shaving than from using this product. It's totally not worth the time and money. Sure wish I could afford Laser hair removal, but dang I hear it hurts so bad! But just think of how nice it would be to not have to shave ever again. Maybe one day, if I'm lucky;)

So have any of you out there tried any of the "As seen on TV" products? Any worth getting for myself or have you been scammed?

2 comments:

PaPa said...

Lindz - I'll be staying away from SA, thats for sure.

McCall said...

Lindsey, this post cracked me up! You are such a nut! Thanks for giving us the low down on the SA.