Monday, October 18, 2010

Festive Fall Decor

Once October rolls around every year I get soooooo excited to pull out all the fall decorations. All the warm colors just make me beam. I wanted to spruce up our fall decorations this year and give it a more grown up feel. Since I was little we have always decorated for Halloween but over the years it has gradually tapered off to just fall decor. Don't get me wrong I still love all the cute Halloween decorations out there, but we don't have any little kids in the house so I kept them to a minimum. Plus using the same color scheme that we already have it was just easier to incorporate things here and there and didn't have to buy to much. So here is what I did on the Mantel. It is the focal point in the room and just played it up.
*Bella wanted in on the photo fun. She is who I would ask if they liked it while working...hehehe.

I had these awesome orange feathers left over from Abby's birthday party that I needed to use again so why not bring some drama to the mantel. I have been collecting Flue-De-Lis candle stick for a project I want to do in my room, but haven't had the time to get around to doing it so I added some height up there and stuck the small wooden pumpkins on top.


Now the opposite end I needed some height on that side too. So while I was at Wal-mart the other night I stumbled down the Christmas isles to see what they had already gotten in and they had fall color decor so I snatched up these pretty ornaments to add some sparkle. I wanted to put them in candle sticks, but they wouldn't fit so I found this picture hanger that we had gotten as a gift or something, who knows where it came from. But it worked perfect to give some VA-VA-Voom.

Here are some other touches of fall in the house:
(loving the green countertops{insert sarcasm})


Taking it back to the old school with the little black witches that my mom made a longgggg time ago. It just wouldn't be the same to know throw back to the old days

Now heading outside I wanted to do something to with the black wrought iron tall lantern the we already had, so I spray painted the smaller one black (it was silver and rust). Tada~

Me being on a budge now, I did a lot of spray painting to things I could find or get at the dollar spot or GW. I really love how it turned out.


Happy Weekend friends! Planning on soaking up this unbelievable weather. I really want to hit up the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain. It's the first annual one in the GA so I really want to see what it's all about.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh, i miss "home." looks, great. love yall!
*i get those witches when we're old!

Mama said...

Thanks for making the house look festive, Woo.
Now, about those green counter tops...........................................!!!!*@#(!)!)!)maybe Santa will bring me new ones!