Thursday, April 14, 2011

Moss Covered Topiary Tutorial

Now that spring is here I have been inspired this spring season by all the natural beauties that are outside. Also while I was watching the new season on Khloe and Lamar {unashamed} on E!, guess what I spotted?... Moss covered balls on her counter top. I am sure that hers were crazy expensive so I wanted to recreate them on a budge.  I totally love how the bright green adds a pop of freshness and nature to the room. 

~The Needed Goods~

~Styrofoam Ball {Michaels with a 40% off coupon}
~Moss Covered Rocks {The Dollar Tree}
~Styrofoam Low Temp Hot Glue Sticks {A must when working with Styrofoam}
~Hot Glue Gun 

Piece together the moss covered rocks all over the ball. They fit almost perfectly like a puzzle and after they are all on  you can take any left over 'rocks' {really Styrofoam} and cut them to fill in gaps. 

Voila', the finished product all styled and looking super chic!
Really Easy huh?



6 comments:

TEAM JENKINS said...

way to go girl!!!! love it!

Stephanie said...

i haven't seen these anywhere yet...looks great!

Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

Very nice... and doesn't seem too difficult to do!

Shabby Soul said...

I picked up a bag of these at our dollar store a couple of weeks ago! I need to go get more now! Thanks for the idea!

adheringwords.com said...

Very cute! Thinking I need to run to the dollar store!

PaPa said...

Nice work Gal.